20 | August | 2019
23 May 2012 11:35
A manual for validating vocational knowledge, skills and competences which have been acquired via informal and non-formal learning has been developed.
The manual for validating knowledge, skills and competences which have been acquired through informal and non-formal learning is the first approach to the issue in Bulgaria. It has been developed in accordance with the current legislation and the regulated by the Vocational Education and Training Act requirements for acquiring professional qualification in a vocation or part of a vocation and with the European policies, principles and best practices.
The main goal of the manual is to help the creation of a system for validation of knowledge, skills and competences which have been acquired through informal and non-formal learning at regional and local level. More specifically its purpose is to help the regional and municipal administrations in identifying priorities, taking up short and long term actions in the area of validating professional qualification acquired outside the formal system of education and training.
The content includes:
• Overview of the European policies and practices in the field of validation of knowledge, skills and competences. On this basis conclusions have been made about the key factors which ensure successful actions in the field of validation.
• Analysis of the current situation in the field of validation of vocational knowledge, skills and competences in Bulgaria – political, regulatory and methodological framework, practices. The task is to specify the main points related to the organization, administration and funding of the validation activities at regional and local level, to identify stakeholders, responsible institutions and partners.
• Model for validating knowledge, skills and competences which have been acquired through informal and non-formal learning at regional and local level. The aim is to create a mechanism for effective administration of the validation activities which will provide to all stakeholders and organizations timely and adequate to their needs information, consultation, help and support. The main activities include: publicity of the validation issues; informing and registration of candidates; identifying results from informal and non-formal learning, candidate vocational and career guidance, evaluation, recognition and certification of the acquired knowledge, skills and competences.
Target groups: employed and unemployed aged 16+, who would like to validate a professional qualification in professions and specialties from the List of professions for vocational education and training, which has been acquired outside the formal system of vocational education and training.
The guiding principles in the creation and the functioning of the system are: using and elaborating the existing institutional capacity at regional and local level; providing coherence and coordination of tasks, activities and efforts through uniform and effective management; active partnership with the interested social-economic factors in the region.
• Practical guidance for implementing the model and smooth functioning of the validation system – initial preparation, providing information and publicity, offering services, monitoring and control, yearly evaluation of the effect.
• Drafts of tools and sample documents providing mutual cooperation and responsibility of the institutions delivering validation services.
The manual has been developed under the project “Regional Strategies of Learning And Validation of Education” (ReSoLVE), funded by the Lifelong Learning Programme, Horizontal programme, Key Activity 1, Measure “Support for European Cooperation in Education and Training”(ECET).
The manual can be found on NAVET webpage www.navet.government.bg